Purpose and Objective
- A concrete Slovenia's contribution to building stability and prosperity in the region.
- To develop and strengthen friendly relations with beneficiary countries.
- To achieve visibility of Slovenian know-how and to build the reputation of Slovenia in the region.
- To implement its priorities in the field of development aid and cooperation.
- To build democratic and functioning institutions of public administration that will provide stability and prosperity in the region.
- To strengthen active Slovene participation in the region through the secondments in the missions and operations of civilian crisis management
- Policy Advocacy (in area of security, economic development and cooperation with the region)
CEP achieves its objective by implementing different tasks in the field of strengthening security and economic development.
CEP main tasks in the field of strengthening security are:
- supporting efforts of state administration in the beneficiary countries in implementing security sector reforms and strengthening institutional capacity,
- transferring Slovenian best practices and knowledge to the beneficiary countries in the field of law-enforcement, detection and prosecution of organized crime and corruption as well as border protection and integrated border management,
- supporting visa liberalization,
- supporting police, defence, customs and judicial authorities reforms
- developing (and providing) certified EU Civilian Crisis Management Course
CEP main tasks in the filed of economic development are:
- supporting efforts of state administration in the beneficiary countries in promoting economic reforms and strengthening institutional capacity
- transferring Slovenian best practices and knowledge to the beneficiary countries in creating a favourable business environment,
- supporting various measures which will promote trade cooperation in the region and between the region, EU and EFTA
- to participate in policy making that will be beneficial for the countries in the region as well as for