Peace Operations Training Centre (POTC) is organising a training on Gender Equality and Gender Mainstreaming in Peace Operations and Missions, which will take place in person at Jable Castle, Slovenia, from 21 March to 23 March 2023.
The training is intended for police, civilian and military personnel, who plan to join international missions and operations.
Violent conflict disproportionately affects women and girls and intensifies pre-existing gender inequalities and discrimination. Women are also active agents of peace in armed conflict although their role as key players and agents of peace is still poorly recognized. Acknowledging and integrating different understandings, experiences, and capabilities of women into all aspects of peace operations is essential for the success of any peacekeeping efforts and for sustaining peace.
The lectures, workshops and participatory activities will cover the basic topics of gender mainstreaming. Participants will gain skills and knowledge that will help them engage all possible stakeholders regarding gender equality and include the perspectives of women in their efforts to build sustainable peace.
There are vacant seats still available, so we encourage everyone interested to apply here by the 26th of February 2023.
- the training is free of charge.
- Travel and accommodation costs are not covered by organizers. However, we will provide support and recommendations.
- The working language is English.
- Coffee breaks and lunch will be covered by the organisers.
- Participants will be notified about the selection no later than the 28th of February 2023.
- Location of the training: Jable Castle, Grajska Cesta 1, 1234 Mengeš, Slovenia
You may find more information about the training on the flyer above.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any additional questions you might have.