British Embassy Ljubljana, Centre for European Perspective – CEP and Bled Strategic Forum – BSF are delighted to invite you to the first event in the FUTURE PERFECT series titled:
COP vs COVID – Does climate change still matter?
Monday 9 November, 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. (CET)
COVID-19 remains top priority for governments worldwide. What does this mean for climate change?
In November 2021 the UK will host COP26, in partnership with Italy. It will be the most important international climate change meeting since the Paris Agreement of 2015, and pivotal in ensuring action to limit the impact of climate change and avoiding global catastrophe. An ambitious outcome from international negotiations – including challenging commitments from all participants – will be crucial.
But has the world taken its eye off the climate change ball during the response to COVID-19?
On 9 November 2020 the British Embassy in Ljubljana, Centre for European Perspective and Bled Strategic Forum invite you to join leading UK and Slovenian climate change and political experts to discuss the most important of questions – what can government, academia, civil society and the public really do about climate change? What are the threats and opportunities that COVID presents to our climate change action? And just how important is a successful COP 26?
- Archie Young (UK Lead Climate Negotiator for COP26)
- Tina Kobilšek (Ministry for the Environment & Spatial Planning)
- Dr Lučka Kajfež Bogataj (Climatologist and Professor at Biotechnical Faculty, University of Ljubljana)
- Sir Brian Hoskins (Chair of the Grantham Institute for Climate Change and the Environment, Imperial College London)
- Moderator: Ladeja Godina Košir (Founder and Executive Director, Circular Change)
Please join us via Zoom at the link below.
This will be the launch event of the FUTURE PERFECT event series, organized by the British Embassy in Ljubljana, in cooperation with CEP, BSF and other partners. The FUTURE PERFECT series will gather experts to ask big questions about our post-COVID future.