The Centre for European Perspective – CEP and the European Centre for International Political Economy – ECIPE invite you to a webinar:
Europe’s Digital Regulations – What’s the Impact on Slovenia?
Tuesday, 23 November, 14.00 CET
Europe’s digital regulations are changing, and the EU is now considering the shape and restrictiveness of the Digital Markets Act, the Digital Services Act and a new AI regulation. These regulations will have an impact on Slovenia and the wider region. It will impact on the continued efforts to digitalise our society and prosper from investments in digital capacity. What is the likely impact and how will it affect different sectors?
We invite you to join an event during which we will look at the effects of the DSA, DMA and the AI regulation on Slovenia’s economy and discuss the regulation from the CEE perspective.
Join our panel of experts to discuss:
- How will these regulations impact local digital players?
- Would it reduce digital investments into the local economy?
- What would be the consequence for consumers and businesses when technology openness is restricted in the EU?
Mr Fredrik Erixon, Director of ECIPE, will present a new report analysing the impact of new digital regulations on CEE countries, including Slovenia.
The presentation will be followed by a discussion with industry and government representatives:
- Dr Til Rozman, Secretary, Government Office for Digital Transformation of the Republic of Slovenia
- Igor Zorko, President of Management Board of Slovenian Digital Coalition
- Alina Dimofte, EU Policy and Political Campaigns Manager, Google
Moderator: Jaka Repanšek, Founder of RePublis d.o.o.