Centre for European Perspective and the Kosciuszko Institute invite you to a webinar titled:
Transformative Power of Digital
Thursday, May 6th, 11.00 (CET)
On this occasion, we are also launching a report entitled: Transformative Power of Digital: Central and Eastern Europe’s leap towards greater prosperity, innovation and resilience.
The Covid-19 pandemic has had a profound impact on our economies, workplaces and daily habits, accentuated global rivalries and brought with it an increased sense of vulnerability. But as every crisis, it also ushered in unique opportunities by greatly accelerating digital adoption. The CEE – region of crucial geopolitical importance for the EU and its transatlantic allies – has an opportunity to make a true leap in digital development through digital transformation.
- How will digitalization contribute to the resilience of the region?
- How would closer cooperation of the region impact the EU discussions on strategic autonomy?
- What role does the Transatlantic partnership play in enhancing regional cooperation?
Joining us to discuss these questions are:
· Opening address by Izabela Albrycht, Chair of the Kosciuszko Institute
· Peter Geršak, State Secretary of the Ministry of Public Administration of the Republic of Slovenia
· Marek Zagórski, State Secretary, Chancellery of the Prime Minister of Poland
· Ambassador Tadeusz Chomicki, Ambassador for Cyber & Tech Affairs, Security Policy Department, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Poland [TBC]
· Ambassador Nele Leosk, Ambassador-at-Large for Digital Affairs, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Republic of Estonia
Moderated by Katja Geršak, Executive Director, Centre for European Perspective (CEP)
To learn more about the event and the joint report, follow Centre for European Perspective on Facebook and Twitter, you are also invited to follow the Kosciuszko Institute on Facebook and Twitter.