The final event of the Project LET4CAP – Law Enforcement Training For Capacity Building will be held on 5th December 2019 in Brussels, at the NH BLOOM hotel, from 09:00 to 13:00 hrs.
The meeting is open to all relevant interested institutions involved in activities related to law enforcement capacity building in third countries, in mentoring and advising host country counterparts in processes of reform and rebuilding institutions.
LET4CAP is a project funded by DG HOME (Migration and Internal Affairs) of the European Commission (HOME/2015/ISFP/AG/LETX/8753) entrusted to a consortium led by CoESPU – Centre of Excellence for Stability Police Units of the Arma dei Carabinieri, based in Vicenza, in partnership with Scuola Superiore Sant’Anna of Pisa (SSSA), Studiare Sviluppo (in-house agency of the Italian Ministry of Economy and Finance), CEP – Centre for European Perspective, a think-tank based in Menges, Slovenia, and the Polish National Police (Policja).
The main objective of the project is to contribute to the development and harmonization of a training package for police forces engaged in training activities abroad, given the need to increase national capacities in the area of transfer of sector-specific expertise and to promote uniform law enforcement in third countries according to a common European approach.
The primary beneficiaries of the project are represented by the members of EU Law Enforcement Agencies engaged in third countries to carry out training tasks in a bilateral and multilateral contexts, but also by those public officials involved in institution-building activities abroad in the law enforcement sector.
Within the project, which started in November 2016 and is nearing completion, the following results were achieved:
- 5 training courses in three different countries (Italy, Poland and Slovenia), for about 125 trainees from EU countries, candidate countries and countries linked by partnership agreements;
- Compendium of policy guidance, standards, good practices and lessons learned
- Inventory of existing training curricula and course
- Syllabus for a Law enforcement capacity building training course
- Virtual learning platform
- Downloadable country booklets
- Face-to-face training courses
- Finalised training curriculum and related materials (based on course evaluation reports)
- Distance learning training course
Further information is available on the LET4CAP project’s website.
Project funded by the Internal Security Fund of the European Union (HOME/2015/ISFP/AG/LETX/8753)