Slovenia and Latvia: Spacebound
12 June 2023 at 13:00 (CET)
ALTUM hall, Domas laukums 4 & online
Europe and the world are going through a profound geopolitical realignment. Our digital future has thus become not only a question of economic growth and prosperity but also a geopolitical one. The war in Ukraine has shown, once again, how important it is for the EU and the US to take the lead in promoting certain shared values, which are based on human rights, democratic accountability, and respect for the rule of law.
The two-panel event will feature a discussion with the Former Presidents of Slovenia and Latvia and their reflections on current geopolitical developments, opportunities for strategic partnership – military cooperation, and the future role of the East and the United States in shaping security dynamics. The second panel will explore the digital dimension of the strategic partnership within the European Union and address the potential for collaboration in areas such as digital innovation and the development of emerging technologies and future digital transformation.
Please register to attend event in-person here.
Presidential Reflections: Future Geopolitical Realities
- H.E. Borut Pahor, Former President and Prime Minister of the Republic of Slovenia
- H.E. Vladis Zatlers, Former President of the Republic of Latvia
Moderator: Dr Karlis Bukovskis, Director, Latvian Institute of International Affairs
Charting Prospects of the Digital Economy
- Matevž Frangež, State Secretary, Ministry of Economic Development and Technology of Slovenia.
- Juris Pūce, Chairperson of the Latvian Development, Former Minister of Environmental Protection and Regional Development of Latvia
- Ieva Siliņa, Advisor to the Minister of Economy on issues of innovation and digitization
Moderator: Morten Hansen, Head of Economics Department of Stockholm School of Economics
The entire agenda of the event can be found here.
The event will be streamed on CEP and LIIA Facebook profiles.