Bled Strategic Forum, Centre for European Perspective and the Atlantic Council cordially invite you to a discussion
Aggression on Ukraine:
Lining up the West
15 March 2022, 10.00 CET
Zoom & Jable Castle*
Yet again history makes its mark on Europe.
The war in Ukraine, instigated by Russia, will have a lasting impact on European security. The conflict, which has broader geopolitical implications, could signal a beginning of growing instability in various other regions such as Balkans, South China Sea, or Taiwan. Furthermore, the conflict could spill over into EU countries. The international order based on the equality of sovereign countries is crumbling before our eyes. Simultaneously we are witnessing unity and vigour of the European Union and NATO in its responses to the Russian aggression. Europe is uniting and the Transatlantic partnership is reinvigorated. Security is again at the forefront and the European Security Architecture is and has to change drastically.
What are the consequences of the war in Ukraine for European security?
What are the broader geopolitical implications of Russian aggression in Ukraine?
Can we expect spill over effects and where?
Are the EU and NATO doing enough?
· Ambassador Iztok Mirošič, BSF Programme Director
· Mr Mykhailo Gonchar, Founder & President, Center for Global Studies “Strategy XXI”, Ukraine – digitally
· Dr Stefan Meister, Head of Program for International Order and Democracy, German Council on Foreign Relations – digitally
· Mr Jernej Müller, Political Director, Director-General, Directorate for Common Foreign and Security Policy, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Slovenia
· Ms Anna Wieslander, Director Northern Europe, Europe Center, Atlantic Council – digitally
· Dr Stanislav Raščan, State Secretary, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Slovenia
Moderated by Ms Katja Geršak, Executive Director, Centre for European Perspective.
Join us on Zoom!
If you wish to join the discussion on-site at Jable Castle, please RSVP no later than Sunday, March 13 by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Disclaimer: The on-site discussion will take place at Jable Castle, Grajska cesta 1, 1234 Mengeš. On-site participation will be possible for the first 50 RSVPs. Participants who will be able to attend the discussion live will be notified day before the event by email. Participants will be able to watch the discussion online via Zoom platform or on the BSF YouTube profile. For more about the BSF, you can also follow our Facebook, Twitter and Instagram profile.