In February, the third session of the Peace Operations Training Centre (POTC) Program Council took place virtually with representatives of the Ministry of Interior, Ministry of Defence, and Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
CEP Executive Director Katja Geršak presented the role of POTC and pointed out how POTC’s results already contribute to a higher level of international recognition and influence for Slovenia. She pointed out that POTC is the only training centre in Europe that caters to the army, police, and civilian personnel’s training needs. The Secretaries of State confirmed the 2021 Activity Report as well as the implementation plan for 2022. They expressed satisfaction with the completed activities and the plans for 2022.
The program for 2022 includes regular POTC activities like coordination of POTC members, monitoring training development, conducting cross-cutting research activities and the following training activities:
- Gender Mainstreaming and Gender Equality in IOM Training
- Pilot implementation of the course Protection of Civilians
- Pilot implementation of the course Cooperation with the Local Communities and the Populations (CIMIC/CMCoor)
- Assistance to Bosnia and Hercegovina (pre-deployment training, preparation of European project proposals)
- Hostile Environment Awareness Training
- International Humanitarian Law Course
- International Training in Support of the African Security and Defence Architecture in the Sahel Region
- Stabilization and Reconstruction for Civilian Functional Experts
The first training to be carried out in 2022 is the Gender Equality and Gender Mainstreaming in Peace Operations Training starting on March 21st, 2022.