The Euro-Atlantic Council of Slovenia, the Politics and Society Institute in Jordan and the Centre for European Perspective in Slovenia are jointly organizing a webinar titled:
Radicalization and Violent Extremism Across Borders: An Ongoing Threat
March 11, 14.00–15.00 (CET)
The persistent threat of radicalization and violent extremism is highlighting the vulnerability of our societies today to the challenges of intolerance, hatred and fear. Radicalization is a reflection of societal polarization, as well as a reflection of deep and rapid changes of perceptions, values and behaviour, where violence is becoming an acceptable tool for solving conflicts.
How is this phenomenon going to impact our society?
Join our panel of experts in a webinar to:
- Discuss the threat of radicalization and violent extremism in Slovenia, Kosovo and Jordan and their wider regions;
- Underline potential similarities, differences and connections between violent extremism in these countries and their respective regions;
- Address how to reduce the risk of individual indoctrination to violent extremism and radicalization; and
- Propose ideas on how to deal with these challenges.
- Dr Mohammad Abu Rumman, Politics and Society Institute, Associate Expert and Writer on Political Islam and Violent Extremism
- Dr Florian Qehaja, Kosovar Center for Security Studies, Chair of the Board
- Dr Iztok Prezelj, Euro-Atlantic Council of Slovenia, President & Faculty of Social Sciences, University of Ljubljana, Vice-Dean
Moderator: Katja Geršak, Centre for European Perspective, Executive Director
Please join us via Zoom at the link below.