Let4Cap – Law Enforcement Training for Capacity Building
“Contributing towards a more consistent and efficient assistance in law enforcement capacity building to third countries.”
Overall objective of the project (2016-2019) was to contribute to a more consistent and efficient assistance in law enforcement capacity building towards third countries, which was achieved through harmonization of a training package for Law Enforcement Organisations and with the development of a common, law enforcement capacity building culture. Project was coordinated by Carabinieri – Italy and consisted partners: of the Centre for European Perspective (CEP), Polish National Police HQs (POLICJA) – Poland, Scuola Superiore Sant’Anna (SSSA) – Italy and Studiare Sviluppo (STSV) – Italy.
LET4CAP has developed a training package for Law Enforcement Officers aiming at:
• Building skills related to managing complex situations within pluralistic cultures and deeply divided societies;
• Building a specific set of skills to transfer the participants knowledge to their national counterparts to ensure sustainability;
• Strengthening linguistic and communication abilities necessary to operate in international environments and within different cultural/social contexts;
• Providing a solid knowledge base on European good practices and values.
As a result of training courses organized and tools developed, LEOs personnel are able to:
• Comprehensively understand their capacity building role and function on how to best use their position to contribute towards fulfilling of mission mandate (increased efficiency)
• Display a high standard of skills in their relevant functional areas grounded on a common law enforcement capacity building culture founded on EU fundamental values, which are crucial to assisting and supporting local partners in host countries (increased consistency)
CEP has contributed to an elaborated evaluation plan, tailored to the goals and context of this project, providing guidelines for the evaluation of cooperation, project products, efficacy and impact on target groups, end beneficiaries and stakeholders, and define quality criteria for the success of the project.
– 6 blended training activities
– 156 Trainees from EU and EU MS law enforcement officers and trainers
– 27 Training Experts involved
– 520 LEOs ready for international deployments
During the project useful and up-to-date Country Information Packages in form of Downloadable Country Booklets were prepared for all countries with the CSDP missions and can be downloaded here.
More about the project can be found on the let4cap website.